SAP Business One
SAP Business One is cost effective financial and business management software solution that is specifically designed for growing, midsized and global businesses. SAP Business One automates business processes to help fuel growth, increase profitability and integrates customer and vendor management.
With over 12 million users, the application manages critical business functions across sales, manufacturing, distribution, and financials all in a single integrated software solution. SAP Business One, enables businesses to get on-demand access to a true and unified picture of critical, up-to-the-minute business information across the entire organization.
Why SAP Business One?
SAP Business One software was created specifically for small and midsized businesses. It’s a single, powerful application that helps manage practically every aspect of daily business operations. It’s affordable, easy to use, and quick to implement. SAP, a world leader in business management software for over 30 years, has performed more than 30,000 SAP Business One installations worldwide and has over 12 million users.
By implementing SAP Business One, you and your staff can:
- Streamline your operations by seamlessly integrating key business processes
- Take proactive control of your business through automatic alerts, workflows, and response to key business events and customers needs
- Expand your business and your customer base with web-based CRM and e-commerce capabilities
- Customize SAP Business One to support your changing business needs and individual user preferences with easy-to-use customization tools
What’s in the Box?
SAP Business One is a fully integrated, comprehensive business management solution which boasts functionality across all departments and office locations. And because the solution works from one central database, SAP Business One really gives you a complete unified picture of your business whenever you want it. SAP Business One core modules include:
- Banking: Takes care of all payment processing such as cash receipts, check writing, deposits, credit card payments, and bank reconciliations
- CRM: controls all information on existing and prospective customers, partners and suppliers – including profiles, opportunities and account balances
- Financials: This handles all financial transactions including general ledger, account maintenance, journal entries, foreign currencies and budgets
- Inventory: Handles inventory levels, item management, price lists, special price agreements, transfers, and picking and packing of inventory for shipment
- Microsoft Office Integration: SAP Business One integrates with Microsoft Outlook, enabling you to exchange and share data
- Production and MRP: Delivers production tools that define multilevel bills of materials (BOMs) and create work orders
- Purchasing/Accounts Payable: Manages and maintains supplier contracts and transactions, such as issuing purchase orders, updating in-stock numbers, and credits
- Sales Invoicing/Accounts Receivable: Helps create price quotes, enter customer orders and manage all invoices and accounts receivables
- Service Management: Provides support for service operations, service contract management, service planning and customer support
- Reporting: Creates powerful reports for every aspect of the business
Implementation, Support and Consulting
With more than 25 years of successful industry experience VI consults, implements, and supports our client’s unique needs. VI provides telephone support, online portal support, remote diagnostics, on-site troubleshooting and an ongoing program of educational webinars.
Our SAP team members are SAP Business One specialists with many years of use and support experience and certified by SAP.
During the implementation, VI assigns a project manager to focus on the deliverable and ensure the team is on schedule and on time. IT standardization is a major initiative at both organizational and global levels. Making it a reality, however, requires, establishing an integrative IT infrastructure that enables the sharing of timely and reliable information across business processes, and developing consistent standards as a means of reconciling various infrastructure components to provide shared IT services.
SAP Business One is the technology most qualified to fulfill business needs. Its potential for standardization originates from its ability to close the gaps in both Information Technology and business practices. Through its standardized software modules, it enables an enormous degree of connectivity and inter-operability within and beyond the organizational scope. It also narrows down the gap in business practices through its generic processes, which were originally designed based on best practices and standards, and thus becomes a vehicle for transferring and sharing business standards.
The VI methodology is motivated from seven elements identified for successful ERP initiatives in the mid-market.
- Business Case
- Implementation Strategy
- Change Management
- Business Process Engineering
- SAP Business One Enhancements
- Companion Products
The methodology is based upon the premise that successful implementation of SAP Business One in the SMB segment necessitates an adherence to a full and comprehensive integration of certain key elements. The major roles of each of these core elements can be outlined in the following points:
- Business Case: Justifies change by providing qualitative and quantitative statements on both strategic and tangible benefits
- Benchmarking: Enables capturing best practices and transference of knowledge
- Implementation Strategy: Describes a plan for change that ensures alignment with overall business strategy
- Project Management Infrastructure: Defines and organizes various roles and responsibilities in the implementation efforts
- Change Management: Deals with inevitable resistance, and facilitates the insertion of newly reengineered systems, processes and structure into working practice
- Business Process Re-engineering (BPR): Accommodates SAP Business One modules within the entire business through a redesign of business procedures
- SAP Business One Enhancements: Covers all technical tasks, including sourcing, legacy systems migration, and customization
- Companion Products: Some clients need additional functionality not found in the core components of standard ERP systems, VI has developed a set of companion products to enhance the functionality of the base system
Our business consultants work closely with our clients to understand their business functions, processes and procedures, including business requirements and needs before implementing a solution.
By applying our exceptional methods to work, our implementation services capitalize on an “out of the box” product functionality to get customers up and running quickly, efficiently and with minimal financial investment.
We have invested in developing unique implementation methodologies that:
- Capitalize on our SAP Business One product knowledge
- Are based on a library of business processes for each vertical market
- Incorporate our extensive customer engagement experience in the areas of financial services, retail, supply chain management, manufacturing and inventory management
- Leverage our expertise in Integration services and Business Intelligence solutions