Over the next couple of weeks, we’ll introduce you to the basic usage of all the latest and greatest features in Excel and Power BI. How do you know if this is the right series for you? Here are a few questions to help you decide:
- Are you new to Power BI?
- Did you sign up for the trial but don’t know where to start?
- Have you been using Excel for a long time, but you don’t know where to start to use the new BI and visualization features?
If you answered “yes” to any of them, then this is the right place for you to get started!
Whether you’re an Excel pro or you just downloaded the latest version of Excel, we decided to create this Power BI and Excel Getting Started series to get you up and running with our new set of features and services in no time.
Our goal is to help you learn about and understand the features in Excel and Power BI following the natural path of getting some data in your hands (It doesn’t matter where it comes from), shaping it, creating a model, visualizing your data to finally share it and consume it anytime, anywhere taking advantage of Power BI in the cloud.
What should you expect to see in this series?
The natural path of data analysis is a perfect match to the process of analyzing data. This series will cover the following features/processes:
Discover and Combine Data
- Getting Started with Power Query
Model and Analyze
- Getting Started with Power Pivot
- Getting Started with Power View
- Getting Started with Power Map
Power BI for Office 365
Share and Collaborate
- Getting Started with Power BI Sites
- Getting Started with Power View Forecasting Capabilities
- Getting Started with Sharing Queries and Data Stewardship
- Getting Started with Connecting On-Prem data to Power BI
- Getting Started with Q&A
Access your data anywhere
- Getting Started with the Power BI App
- Getting Started with Power BI HTML5
You can always come back to this post to find the latest getting started post or to access past posts of this series.
Enjoy and please let us know what we can do to make this series better for you!